Green Beans






















My Grandfather (S.A.Parak of Camperdown) once offered to show me the "miracle of creation".

He helped me plant "magic beans" in the garden and went on to explain that if I worked hard, and tended to the budding life, with water and love, it would grow into a beautiful plant. A plant that would produce a many beans.

I was so excited that I often tossed and turned all night dreaming of the amazing magic beans that we had planted, in a Jack and the bean stalk like fantasy.

Sure enough the plant grew tall and green, but bore no fruit.

No amount of love and water would coax the beans from the plant.

Dada promised me that if I slept on it one more day, I would wake up and see the truth of creation. I went to bed, believing him as only a child can believe his Dada.

The next morning the plant was covered in green beans. Huge and fully formed.
It was the best day of my life. I called everyone out to see and was so thrilled that I did not notice their laughter.

Only as an adult did I figure out why all the beans were attached to the plant with green thread. I knew then that Dada had spent the night in the light of a torch attaching the beans, so his grandson would see the power of creation, and BELIEVE.

This is a true story that I often share with others. My grandfather was a great man, who left his mark on many people. He helped so many less privileged people, contributed to many charities, but I remember him as my Dada who gave me "magic beans".

I wish that when I leave, I am remembered by one person, with even once such story.
Then my life would have meaning.

Comments

that's a stunning stunning story. you were indeed fortunate to have had such a man as a role-model.

Popular Posts