Who's silver BMW is that?

A few years ago we were at Kikis Sparks Road, for lunch.
It was a lovely Sunday and we were half way through our meal when we heard a loud crash outside.
Clearly there had been an accident.
With out giving it too much thought we went on with our lovely lunch.

Then somebody walked in and we heard that some girl was run over and we voiced our concerns and went on.

About ten minutes later a waitor announced that they were looking for the owner of the silver BMW and I was out of there like a bullet.
Thought maybe my car was somehow involved in the crash.
I soon found that my car was parked badly and preventing the ambulance from attending to the injured girl.
We had to move to make way for the ambulance.

And we went back in a flash finish lunch.

A while later it occurred to me that something was wrong with my reactions on that day.

When I heard that some poor girl was injured I didn't run out to find out if I could help but when it looked like my car was involved I was there in a flash.

Why would I value the car over the wellbeing of a pedestrian.
And then I thought that my dad had taught me better than that and I was really embarrassed.

This is something I had to think about, and it was a fault that I  had to fix.

My dad would simply have done the right thing.

No need to think about it all.

Sometimes it's better to act from the heart that the head.

Comments

Popular Posts