Flying without wings

I love watching people go about their business.
I love music.
I love walking.
The malls of Dubai combine so much that I love.
The earpieces I wear cut out absolutely all the sound.
Dead quiet.
Then all I hear is my music, or my audiobook, and my own breathing.
I glide across the mall doing laps in my walking shoes and literally watch the world fly by.
When I am tired I sit, but mostly I just fly.
And watch people.
Fortunately, I don't really sweat; so I don't look like somebody in the gym.
It's absolutely brilliant.
Walking for two to three hours at a time. Pause for water, and yes, unfortunately, even a smoke.
This is my idea of heaven.
Why can't I do this at home.?
I am often seen on the side of the road trying to glide, but it's not the same as I have to be aware of my surroundings for other reasons.
Here I don't really have to worry about looking ridiculous, or getting mugged, or having dogs disturb me.
We have been doing this for a decade now.
My wife shops, while I lap the malls.
I used to hate malls and shopping, but I found something to do and I look forward to it now.
I save music and books for the flight.
M Parak 2015. Dubai


Comments

Popular Posts