The pen is mighter than the hammer

Today I needed to sign a document and it occurred to me that the last time I held a pen in my hand was when I filled out the immigration form at the Maputo airport a month ago.
Over the past decade the only times I used a pen were to sign cheques, but with Rabia at the office I have not had to do that at all.
My dad wanted me to use a pen instead of the hammer that he had in his hand all day, but it's odd how it all turned out. With his having to draw up to lists and shopping lists of spares and parts he needed daily, he actually used the pen infinitely more in his day than I did.
The outcome of my using  the pen less than him, was not even in the range of possibilities at the time.
This is further evidence of the fact that we don't have any idea of the world our children will live in and as a result we are unable to really prepare them for the specifics. I suppose all we can ever succeed with, is the instilling of solid values.
Work hard, be honest, don't fart in public.
In my case only one out of three succeeded so I would call that a fail.
M Parak. Apr 2015


Comments

Popular Posts