Trucaller, how did we ever manage without it

On my travels a few years ago I asked the IT guys I was calling on, what their favourite app was. This, I found was a good way of discovering new apps. They each gave me a list of the usual suspects, but in all instances I found they had placed "trucaller" in the top three.

What the heck was trucaller?

I installed it, just to what it was all about and years later can't imagine how I used to manage without it.

Basically imagine a shared contact list.

Your own contact list is "private" and remains private, but every time you get a new number you are asked to  identify who it was and if you would like to add that info to the shared database.

What that effectively gets you is that when ever you get a call from a new number, truecaller tells you who it is and if the number been marked as spam by many trucaller users, it  warns you.

If you use trucaller to block calls it also allows you to automatically block calls  marked as spam by the  trucaller community.

Finally it's one of the few call blockers that shows you a log of each call blocked and how often they tried to reach you.

In the past it worked best on Android but not so nicely on ios. Seems that with all the relaxing of controls at Apple, it now gives you pretty much the same experience, whatever the os.

Well done guys.

M Parak

Comments

Popular Posts