Beware, high hijacking risk area ahead.

I just don't get signs that inform tourists that they are driving through a high crime, high risk area and that they should "beware of hijackers".
Firstly, what are we meant to be doing?
Are we to take an alternate route, or make sure we are packing our six shooters.
I just don't get why they would need to  erect such a sign.
If the spot has been identified as a high risk area, shouldn't they spend their time in increased  policing and drive the crime down.
That sign is the proverbial "throwing in of the towel" by those who should be held accountable for curbing crime.
It reminds me of the signs that read "beware of the potholes" .
Don't put up a sign, for God's sake, fix the darn road. It's easier.
When you see a sign that says "beware of wild bears", or "beware of falling stars" , or high risk of being struck by lightning, I get that.
Maybe it's just me but I don't think one can hide stupidity behind a sign.
Maybe it should read "beware of stupid people who don't care about potholes and hijackers in your neighborhood". But that won't bring in the votes.
M Parak.
2015.

Comments

Popular Posts