Sorry my love, hope you are ready for Maputo

Many years ago, while I was in Maputo on business, I got a message from Home Center that Ghassan (late) wanted me to come see him the following week.

I told him that I couldn't be away from my family for another week, to which he answered, then bring them too.
So I sent word to my wife and daughter that they were coming  to join me in Maputo and it was all good.

Over the next few hours I was busy exchanging SMS with my wife and daughter.

My daughter was reading one of the Harry Potter books and was quite disappointed that Harry had  fallen for some girl in the book. I assumed it must have been a crushing blow to a teenager, who had a crush on Harry.

So I replied, "I am sorry my love, are you ready for Maputo".

The answer I got back was..

"... Don't be sorry, I love you too.. Mr Parak. And the big  question is Maputo ready for me ".

And it was sent from Ghassan's phone.

Imagine my embarrassment when I realised that I had sent a message, meant for my teenage daughter to Ghassan.

And how elegant was his reply.

Ghassan, where ever you are, I think about you all the time.

Rest in peace my brother.

M Parak 2015

Comments

Popular Posts