No I don't mind waiting for a few hours.

When I was a kid, I couldn't wait, for anything. The worst kind of punishment was to ask me to wait.
Waiting for the journey to end, or my mum to finish shopping was a real drag. Literally.
Over the years I have found that this is a skill, that one can learn with practice.
These days, I can wait, for hours, if needs be.
So long as I have my headphones, food, the loo, and someplace to support my back I can literally sit forever.
In fac,t the blank space waiting for a counter to open is a wonderful moment to just disengage.
The fact that I can't be anywhere else, is refreshing. The fact that absolutely nothing is expected of me, no deadlines or unfinished projects leaves me free for a few hours.
It might actually be the only time that I don't have anything on my mind, and nobody demanding my attention.
Just like being on a flight, I am able to switch off the outside and just live in the moment. And when it's over, the world comes back to claim it's hold on me.
So ya, I can wait a few hours for the counter to open.
No worries.

Comments

Popular Posts