Night of power

On the last sehri, after a hard night with the kids being sick I woke up as usual and woke Ahmed for sehri. I put the lights on and followed the routine that had been established for days, no years.
When I was halfway through the preparations I realised that the kids hadn't come so I went and woke them again.
It was a particularly cold morning. Then Rabia walked in saying that last night was definitely the "night of power." Seems the dogs were very quiet.
Ahmed said that the mufti has said to them, the night before that the worst thing, that eat away at good deeds was is we hurt anyone. And we should spend this might reflecting on everyone we ever hurt in our lives, from the very beginning, and resolve to somehow correct this. This apparently was the best way to spend the night of power.
Then I heard Rabia say that there were no eggs and that Ayesha had to have eggs. "sorry, can you please go to the garage". I realised that time was short and that this ear a call to action, so jacket, and wallet and I was gone. On the way out I yelled that there was no need to open the roller doors because I was most comfortable with my own little car that was outside.
As I got into the car I saw her open the roller doors and ignored that and sped off. Didn't stop at any robots as they literally were no traffic. At the shop, I couldn't find the eggs and the staff was as clueless as I was. Finally found the last remaining tray and it was a sealed pack of 18. I paid and then got a call from Rabia.
"Please make Maaf I meant for you to go to our garage, (there is a fridge there) not to the garage shop. We were worried when we couldn't find you anywhere! "
I felt like a fool.

Comments

Popular Posts