Dr I broke my hip

We went to the new Gateway hospital to visit an Aunty who had a knee replacement.
I passed my cousin who said "last room third floor D section".
When I got to the end of the corridor I saw two rooms.
I opened one door and peeked in. Seeing nobody familiar  I quickly closed the door and went to try the other one.
A man came out of the door that I had just closed and invited me in. He said he would wait outside. I was very silly in not getting the hint at this stage. I just assumed that there was some restriction on how many people could be in the rooms at a time. I thanked him and went in.
Nobody in the room looked familiar, yet  they all parted to allow me to the patient.
He looked up very relieved to see me and started to tell me how he broke his hip. I assumed he mistook me for somebody else. When I looked up I noticed that they all left the room and that I was alone with the patient. He started to lift his gown to expose his injury.
Only at this point  did it dawn on me that he thought I was his surgeon!
Now it was my turn to be embarrassed and to extricate myself from the room.
When I left, my wife told me that she tried to enter the room, telling the family at the door that she was looking for her husband. They assured her that I was not there. That the patient was being attended to by the white doctor.
I finally got out and into the correct ward. And we laughed so hard that I was red in the face.
M Parak
2019 April


increase the traffic to your blog



Comments

Popular Posts