Gone girl


I was busy dealing with a guy selling me an iPhone while I was in Abu Dhabi.

Rushing to Jummah salat and getting lots of messages about the courier and clients queries etc.

Then on my way back to the hotel, my wife said she was getting into the shower and I told her not to bolt the room door from the inside.
I got to the room and found that the door was closed but not quite locked. When I walked in I put down my cap, and drank from a half bottle of water.
Then I went to the bathroom and she was not there. The room was empty.
When she didn't answer her phone I started getting worried.
I kept trying her number and was going out of my mind trying to decide who to call next.
Then finally she answered. When I asked where she was she said she had just come out of the shower.
Where was I?
At that moment it hit me, and I ran out of the room slamming the door behind me.
The lift stopped on the wrong floor, and I was in some strangers, identical room!
Then as I got to the lift it occurred to me that I had left a clue behind. My personalized company cap. And I had drunk from a half bottle that I found in the room. Yuk.
I went down to reception and it took ages to explain that I hadn't lost my key and didn't want to get into my room. What I wanted was for them to open some strangers room so I should get my cap back.

When my wife heard this story she didn't find it as funny as I thought she would.

April 2019
Abu Dhabi


increase the traffic to your blog



Comments

Popular Posts