It ends with me.

For every father who doesn't have a son or every mother who doesn't have any daughters I have this perspective that will give you a new reason to be disappointed. 

To better understand the idea, imagine if the first man my line was to hand his son some kind of baton like in a relay race, through the ages. Every subsequent father handed it down to his son. I would be the last link in that unbroken chain that started some 400,000 years ago.

The same could be expressed by about woman who didn't have  daughters.


Every man can trace his liniage to his father and grandfather, all the way back to the first man who got this started. 

This always goes back to a single man in the prehistoric past. 
The same applies every man alive. 

That incredible, epic journey ends with me.

For every son that has existed there has always been a father, but not every father has a son. The only exception would be Jesus if you were inclined to believe that. For women it's the same with their daughters without the one motherless prophet.

So if I didn't feel bad about not having had a son this line of thought brought it home to me.

M Parak
Oct 2020

Comments

Popular Posts