That too shall pass

This too shall pass


My Nana would say this to us. 

He used it often and everytime he did I would have these deep philosophical thoughts and marvel and the wisdom of the words. 
The great truth in them. 

I would imagine somebody going through difficulty saying that. 
Through poverty, hunger, anger, grief, pain, suffering, repression, failure and defeat. 


That too shall pass.

And I would take comfort in those words. 


I now see a different side of that coin.

Everything we have. 
Everything we built, created, invented, assembled, collected, protected, nurtured. 

Every victory, every achievement. 

That too shall pass.

Suddenly the very wisdom that I clung to in the dark, to give me peace is the very thing that I now fear.

M Parak 
Nov 2020.

Comments

Popular Posts