Burning Man 2006




The first time I heard about the Burning Man was when I read "The Google Story" and it sounded like a really Bohemian artistic place that attracted the free spirited people of the world. This was in 2005 and I decided that I would go.
Life happens, and I have been so busy with the final touches to Kevlar and I haven't even been to the Burning Man site to check on the countdown to the day the Man burns.
Anyway I went today and found that the event starts in two days and the Man burns in seven.
It is literally not possibleto make this year. Looks like it will have to wait.... for another year.
Once I became aware of the concept, I began seeing references to the event everywhere. All the TV shows and movies mention it and I wander how musch else is not clear to me now, that will one day be clear when I have been exposed.

Comments

Mparak said…
When my friend Jameel read this blog entry, he called me from Canada and asked, "why do you look forward to going to the Burning Nam?" And I was like, it sounds very cool in a hippy, quasi spiritual spaced out kind of way. He gives me the immpression that he feels that I should have outgrown the need for this sort of thing, by now.

Popular Posts